Common sense in conjunction with handling and proper preparation of your items/furniture for storage are the keys to a successful Big Foot storage experience. It is important to make certain that your items are properly covered for loss or damage. Big Foot storage customers must select one of the two options below. If a Big Foot storage customer does not select one of these options, then the Mover’s maximum liability is .60 cents per pound, per article, with a maximum liability of $2,000.00 for all stored goods combined.
Option 1: Released Value
Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. has a maximum liability under State Law for loss or damage to your property of $0.60 per pound, per article up to a maximum of $2,000.00. There is no additional cost for this option. You may increase this liability for loss or damage by paying extra valuation charges.
Example: A 10-pound chair is damaged or lost. You would be entitled to: 10 (lbs.) x 0.60 (cents per lb.) = $6.00. You would be allowed a maximum of $6.00 for that particular chair.
Option 2: Full Replacement Value (FVP)
Under this option, this covers repairs, replacement, or full reimbursement with no depreciation, minus the plan’s $250 deductible. The mover will pay for the full cost of repairs if damage occurs while in our care and custody, up to the dollar amount of valuation selected. If the item cannot be repaired, we will replace it or replace it with a like item if the exact item is no longer available. If the item cannot be repaired or replaced we will pay you the cash value based on the current replacement cost (pending proof of value and application of the deductible).
Option 3: Actual Cash Value (ACV)
Under this option, you are declaring the cumulative depreciated value of the entire shipment on the day of the move. Under this selection, coverage will be the lesser of the following amounts:
The cost of reasonably restoring the property to its condition immediately before the move. The actual cash value of the property immediately before the move.
The declaration of value must reflect the total actual depreciated value of the entire shipment. If you declare a value lower than the actual depreciated value, you will underinsure each item in the shipment thus incurring a coinsurance penalty. This penalty will limit the insurance payment in the event of loss or damage by the ratio of declared depreciated value to the actual depreciated value.Please review the valuation chart
prior to your move into storage to find the appropriate total value with corresponding premium. On move day, the move crew can assist you with choosing the proper coverage needed.
If your shipment is valued over $250,000 in total value, please call us at 781-488-3090 for further pricing options.
- Items of extraordinary value not listed on the High Value Inventory form.
- Lamps, lamp shades, artwork, pictures, mirrors, artificial plants,
- and statues not packed /boxed by Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc.
- Any marble or glass not crated or boxed by Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc.
- Items found broken in boxes which have been packed by the Customer
- Missing hardware for items not disassembled by Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc.
- Gold leaf plaster frames and chandeliers not crated by Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc.
- Pressboard, particleboard, or ready to assemble (RTA) furniture, parts, and/or hardware
- Previously damaged or repaired items
- Previously damaged or loose veneer
- Furniture where original glue has dried
- Any small, loose items which are not boxed (keys, remote controls, etc.)
- Mechanical condition of audio/visual or electronic equipment
- Computers, and battery operated items in transit or storage
- Live plants
If you are not sure that you can pack an item safely, leave it for your movers. You might spend a few extra dollars on packing costs, but you will prevent possible damages.