We would strongly recommend Big Foot Movers to anyone who is planning a move. To anyone who has ever faced a challenging move, you know that Murphy’s Law will come into play. But with Mike Bavuso and his team at Big Foot Moving, Murphy did not have a chance.
A set of unplanned events put us in a position of needing to move 5 days from the initial phone call to Big Foot Moving. One phone call to Mike, and the crew were scheduled and confirmed that day. Then boxes and moving materials were delivered to our door the following day as promised. The day arrived, and it was 95 degrees and humid as only Boston can be. Mike’s team showed up on time and had to move us into a fifth floor apartment with an old elevator that could not accommodate much of the move. Mike’s team never wavered or complained – they showed up on time, worked quickly and diligently under these difficult conditions until the job was done. They took as much care with our belongings as we would have. Thank you, Big Foot, for making a difficult situation as seamless and painless as possible!
CATHERINE & CINDY
Donate Unwanted Items
Do you have furniture or other household items that you’d like to donate to charity? Here are several Massachusetts organizations that accept donations of furniture, clothing, toys and other household items.
- Salvation Army – The Salvation Army covers all of Massachusetts and accepts donations of clothing, furniture and other gently used items. Call 800-958-7825 to arrange for a pickup.
- St. Vincent de Paul – This organizations covers all of Massachusetts and can arrange to pickup unwanted furniture – Call 800-675-2882 to arrange for pickup.
- Epilepsy Foundation – This organization covers Eastern Massachusetts and can arrange to pickup gently used clothing and household items. Call 888-322-8209 to arrange for pickup.
- Goodwill Industries – Locate a local donation center
As you are aware, many people throw out a good deal of “stuff” when they move. Unfortunately a lot of this “stuff” is food that can be delivered to a family in need. That’s why Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc.has teamed up with Move For Hunger to support the Arlington Food Pantry. Click here to learn more.
- BOOKS – Reading Tree – A non-profit that accepts all books.
- BUILDING SUPPLIES – Boston Building Resources – Will pick up building supplies like kitchen cabinets and appliances. Call 617-442-2262 x 232 for more information.
- TOYS & BABY ITEMS – Vietnam Vets of America – This organization serves all of Massachusetts and can pickup clothing, toys, baby items, bikes, tools and some household items. Call 800-775-8387 for more information.