Our company recently completed an office move handled by Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. Our experience was excellent and I would strongly recommend Big Foot to other companies in need of movers. Mike Bavuso, President, was involved in the operation from start to finish: planning, moving, and follow-up. Every member of his staff was careful, considerate, and very capable. They made sure each item was placed in its appropriate location, and were patient when we made changes. Mike, and Big Foot Moving, made every effort to please us. The company handled a difficult job very well, and we would certainly use their services again.
SALEM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, INC.
Donate Unwanted Items
Do you have furniture or other household items that you’d like to donate to charity? Here are several Massachusetts organizations that accept donations of furniture, clothing, toys and other household items.
- Salvation Army – The Salvation Army covers all of Massachusetts and accepts donations of clothing, furniture and other gently used items. Call 800-958-7825 to arrange for a pickup.
- St. Vincent de Paul – This organizations covers all of Massachusetts and can arrange to pickup unwanted furniture – Call 800-675-2882 to arrange for pickup.
- Epilepsy Foundation – This organization covers Eastern Massachusetts and can arrange to pickup gently used clothing and household items. Call 888-322-8209 to arrange for pickup.
- Goodwill Industries – Locate a local donation center
As you are aware, many people throw out a good deal of “stuff” when they move. Unfortunately a lot of this “stuff” is food that can be delivered to a family in need. That’s why Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc.has teamed up with Move For Hunger to support the Arlington Food Pantry. Click here to learn more.
- BOOKS – Reading Tree – A non-profit that accepts all books.
- BUILDING SUPPLIES – Boston Building Resources – Will pick up building supplies like kitchen cabinets and appliances. Call 617-442-2262 x 232 for more information.
- TOYS & BABY ITEMS – Vietnam Vets of America – This organization serves all of Massachusetts and can pickup clothing, toys, baby items, bikes, tools and some household items. Call 800-775-8387 for more information.