Thanks again for all of your help in making this such a smooth move from Boston to New Jersey. I talked to my wife this morning and she said your guys were great and couldn’t have been nicer. It was a pleasure working with Big Foot. You run a great operation.
KEVIN AND SHANNON
Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. has an excellent record of providing damage-free Boston area office moves to customers. A successful move experience results from the high caliber of the Big Foot moving team. Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. employs only skilled professionals that are reliable, trustworthy, courteous, athletic, and attentive to your needs. Each Big Foot move team is tasked to ensure the safe delivery of your possessions to their new destination. Unfortunately, the possibility of accidents can still occur.
Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. assumes liability for the value of the goods that we transport. However, there are different levels of liability, and you should be aware of the amount of protection provided and the charges for each option. Before the moving crew arrives on move day, the insurance selection should be decided upon. If you need further explanation of the insurance options, please contact our office or your relocation consultant. You must select the type of protection that you desire and indicate your choice, in writing, on the Bill of Lading.
The Bill of Lading is the moving contract between Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. and you.
Some commercial insurance policies do not provide coverage for your office contents for moving purposes. However, you should check with your own insurance agent to see if your existing commercial policy covers your goods while in transit. Be sure you have a written statement from your insurance company stating that your goods are covered while in transit. Often, you will find that your goods are covered against damages while the movers are in your office space packing, but not while the goods are in the movers’ possession in transport.
A selection must be made prior to the start of any packing or moving services.
Option 1: Released Value.
Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. has a maximum liability under State Law for loss or damage to your property of $0.60 per pound, per article up to a maximum of $2,000.00. There is no additional cost for this option. You may increase this liability for loss or damage by paying extra valuation charges.
Example: A 10-pound chair is damaged or lost. You would be entitled to: 10 (lbs.) x 0.60 (cents per lb.) = $6.00. You would be allowed a maximum of $6.00 for that particular chair.
Option 2: Actual Cash Value.
Under this option, you are declaring the cumulative depreciated value of the entire shipment on the day of the move. Under this selection, coverage will be the lesser of the following amounts:
The cost of reasonably restoring the property to its condition immediately before the move The actual cash value of the property immediately before the move.
The declaration of value must reflect the total actual depreciated value of the entire shipment. If you declare a value lower than the actual depreciated value, you will underinsure each item in the shipment thus incurring a coinsurance penalty. This penalty will limit the insurance payment in the event of loss or damage by the ratio of declared depreciated value to the actual depreciated value.Please review the valuation chart
prior to your move to find the appropriate total value with corresponding premium. On move day, the move crew can assist you with choosing the proper coverage needed. If your shipment is valued over $100,000 in total value, please call us at 781-488-3090 for further pricing options.
Exclusions: Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. is not liable above and beyond the standard liability ($0.60 per pound per article) for damages caused to the following goods:
- Particle board, pressed wood, or other similar materials
- Artwork, glass, marble, stone, or other similar materials, unless crated or packed by the carrier
- Electronics, appliances, or other similar devices where visible damage is not noticeable to the exterior of the item in question and or the mechanical condition in question is unknown to the carrier
- The contents of any box packed by the shipper to which there is no visible damage to the exterior of the box and the carrier was not allowed to inspect the contents of the box in question prior to the completion of the shipper unpacking the box
- An entire set when only one piece is damaged
- Items of extraordinary value not listed on the High Value Inventory form
- Previously damaged or repaired items
- Previously damaged or loose veneer
- Furniture where original glue has dried
- Any small, loose items which are not boxed (keys, remote controls, etc.)
Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. is not liable for damages if the damage occurs as a result of any of the following:
- Any item damaged as a result of Acts of God (rain, earthquake, flood, hurricane, tornado, etc.) or hostile or warlike actions
- Items that are damaged as a result of defects or inherent nature of the property (changes in atmospheric conditions such as temperature or humidity)
- Items that the shipper neglects to prepare properly for shipment
Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. strongly recommends that certain “high value” items should be handled by the Customer exclusively. Examples include, but are not limited to: Furs, Cash, Coins, Credit Cards, Stamps, Sports Card Collections, Jewelry, Watches, Medications, Receipts, Deed, Appraisals, Software Licenses, Legal Documents, Passports, Computer Backup Disks, Manuscripts, Precious Stones, and Tax Records. In the event that Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. moves these types of items, Big Foot Moving & Storage, Inc. is not liable for any claims related to them.
If you are not sure that you can pack an item safely, leave it for your movers. You might spend a few extra dollars on packing costs, but you will prevent possible damages.